- I woke up last Wenesday with a big red lump on my face which I ignored until Saturday when I went to the ER with a swollen face and what was later deemed to be an "infected facial abscess." Sounds great, huh? So, I hid in the house for a few days to only leave 3 days of IV antibiotics until my MRSA culture came back positive, after which point I got oral antibiotics.
- Turns out Matt gave me the MRSA since he's been fighting what he thought were pimples for about the last 6 weeks. He's just healthier than I am (since he gets to sleep for more than 3 consecutive hours), so he didn't end up with such a mess. Now he's on antibiotics too.
- Joseph had a checkup yesterday (since he was small at his 6 month visit), and he's shrinking. Well, not really, he's just growing slower and slower. How do I feed a kid who doesn't open his mouth?! I'm open for all suggestions! So now we've got an appointment with a pediatric gastroenterologist to make sure that there's nothing really wrong with him. He doesn't have MRSA, though. Yet, anyway.
- Matt's grandfather fell in his retirement villiage last week and ended up in a rehab hospital and will be moving back into assisted living (not where he previously was) sometime soon.
- Matt's sister (who was going to help with Grandpa's move and maintenance) fell and broke her ankle on her way home from work Monday night. Now she's in a big ol' boot thing.
- So, the vacation that we were supposed to take with Matt's folks in a couple of weeks is most likely not going to happen.
I know that things have a way of working out and that it can always be worse, so I'm muddling through all of this. The best news in all of this is that we have health insurance. And, I can keep nursing while I'm on my meds (otherwise he probably really would shrink since he won't take a bottle). Matt and I will get better. Joseph will eat (how many kids just nurse?). Grandpa will settle. Mary will heal. We will get to see Matt's folks (just probably not when we'd all planned). And, I still have a half-day spa treatment to redeem that Matt's parents got me for Christmas--it's feeling like time for that! Now, I just need someone to watch the Incredible Shrinking Boy for 4 hours...