Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Talk Nerdy to Me

So, I make no bones about my being a nerd. I actually revel in it and it helps me to feel comfortable in my own skin. I'm kind of (not really) embarassed at some of the clothing that I own, and actually wear. At any rate, one of the other science teachers brought in the head of the state's crime lab to talk to the students today about what he does as a forensic scientist and all sorts of cool stuff. He started with a top 10 list of why "CSI" isn't like real life, and managed to keep over 100 kids engaged and interested throughout his entire presentation. They even had thoughtful questions at the end of his chat. While some students tend to exhaust me, I'm always heartened to have experiences like I did today. I'm just putting it out there that I've probably got one of the best jobs in the world. My classes did an amazing job snazzing up my classroom and our hallway today too--they assembled our Scientific Graveyards (or, "Collection of Old, Dead, White Guys"as I tend to call it...) and hung up a bunch of other stuff. All in all, a good day.

2 comments: