- Max and Jackie's wedding on May 30. It was a lovely day and we're happy to welcome Miss Jackie to the family. They honeymooned in Ft. Lauderdale, came home for a little while, and then packed up and headed back to Oklahoma. Not sure when we'll see them next...
- School wrapped up Monday June 22 after weeks of exams, cleaning, graduation, and general end-of-the-year stress (which managed to be worse this year than in years past).
- I took a three day workshop Wed June 24-Fri June 26 at school...learning about reluctant learners.
- We left for Chicago and a visit with Matt's family on Saturday the 27th. We were there for a week or so and left Sunday July 5. It was great to see everyone again, and we had fun shopping, aquarium-ing, zoo-ing, and hanging out.
- The next week was kind of frantic as it was basically my first week off of school. So, we were running around like crazy...but we did manage to make it to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston for one day.
- That Friday (the 10th) we left for another lovely wedding weekend in Connecticut. We were happy to share the day with Keagan and Keith and wish them all the best. They honeymooned in Cancun and just got home.
- We were home for two days before I had to leave for San Antonio and the AP Annual Conference. San Antonio was really nice, although really hot. I could've spent more time there, but I came home late Saturday night.
- Sunday Joseph had a fever of anywhere between 100.6 and 103.8. Monday morning he woke up with a cough and a lower fever (99.6-ish). Considering that these are the symptoms of H1N1, we went to the doctor. Turns out he only has hand, foot, and mouth disease (again), which is a relief. But, he's got a vicious sore throat and goes on these 20-minute screaming jags. Considering that I'm exhausted and haven't slept for more than 2 consecutive hours for the last week, this is all kind of piling up on me...we'll be fine, though.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
2 months in a nutshell
So, the last two months have been comprised of: