Sunday, January 2, 2011

Out with the Old; In with the New

I feel like I'm supposed to reflect and resolve and all that stuff. Seems to be the thing to do around this time, I guess.

So, 2010.
I'm pretty sure that I resolved last year that we would ring in 2011 in a new home. Well, that was a fail. I'm also pretty sure that I was all gung-ho about bettering myself through the MEd program that I'd started. Fail again. I took the first term off because I was going to concentrate on selling our place. Fail. Then, I took the summer off because it's crazy. Fail. Then I took the fall off because our lives are a total shit storm. And, I'm not taking a class this winter for the aforementioned stormy reason. But, the good news is that Matt only has 2 classes left until he finishes his MBA, which he will do this year! Chalk that up on the resolving thing. We'll move that down to the 2011 chapter. I probably wanted to be healthy last year. I sucked at that. I'm a stress eater, and despite my efforts to go from my couch to a 5k, I'm definitely puffier and squishier than I was last year. Again, refer to the storm portion. I don't want this to sound like I'm just griping about 2010, because there were some good parts. We took a total kick-ass vacation with my folks, Max, and Jackie. My kid cracks me up on a regular basis. We have wonderfully loving and supportive families. We both still have our jobs and we can pay our bills and, despite our debt, we seem to be mostly stable.

Moving on to 2011.
I feel fairly certain that 2012 WILL find us in a different home. We may still own this one, but we'll be residing in a different one. Matt WILL finish his MBA, and that WILL be awesome! I'm so proud of him and this one. He's been working on it for a while now, and the growth that he's shown has been so neat. Hopefully I can resume my degree next fall. Then there's all that healthy crap that I'm supposed to do--eat less garbage, move my butt, etc etc. So, that's on there too. We will stay married another year. I feel certain of that. We will face some tough situations. We will laugh. We will cry. We will make it. I'd be lying if I said that I was all roses and sunshine and over the moon excited and optimistic about 2011, because we've got some Real Life on our horizon. But, we'll get it done.

Bring it on, 2011. We're ready for whatever you've got to bring. Almost. Sort of. Not really. But, we'll do our best.

No comments:

Post a Comment