Sunday, February 26, 2012

Try Again

Is anyone out there actually still keeping this thing on their radar? I guess we'll find out!

So, blah, blah, blah, I stink at blogging these days. Quick update: umm, life rolls.

Matt finished his MBA program last spring. I am still so proud of him, his committment to himself and our family, and his achievement. I remind myself of this when we make the loan payment each month, but the changes are worth every penny.

I've resumed my MEd program and might be about half-way-ish done after I finish this current course. I think. Maybe. Not entirely sure.

We have settled into the house with my mom, and it seems to be working out well. I have a whole raft of good feelings about my Dearly Beloved in relation to this situation (and a crap-ton of gratitude for my in-laws for raising a kid with his priorities in order and the responsibility to Man-Up when the manning needed to be upped), and we haven't killed each other yet.

Max and Jackie are doing really well back in these parts. They've got a little apartment with their cat, and super jobs that do more than they could hope for, in this economy. Jackie has the extra bonus of the free/ridiculously cheap chocolate supply that she shares with us freely. Mmmm...chocolate.

All of us have made less of ourselves. Apparently the stress of the past couple of years got to us all and we turned to delicious fried foods for comfort. Since then, we've all been working to find other ways to cope. And make our asses smaller. Thanks to Jackie and myfitnesspal.com, we have lost an embarrassing quantity of weight. I have dropped 37 lbs, Mom has lost 42, Jackie has lost 30, and Max has lost 30-ish, too, I think. We have also turned some other friends on to this site, and they're making less of themselves too. It's remarkably do-able, so check it out, if you'd like.

And, other things too. Joseph is 4. He has asthma (diagnosed in October). I'm led to believe that it isn't the friendly "take a shot of albuterol every once in a while" kind of asthma, but more the "stay on top of these meds and symptoms or you'll land your butts in the hospital and maybe on a ventilator" kind of asthma. So, we're trying to stay on top of it. But, boy, do I hate the asthma. Otherwise, he's a normal kid.

I've been knitting up a storm this winter, and have recently taught myself to crochet. I'll post more on that because I'm having fun with it.

But for now, I'm going to go clean myself and enjoy the rolling ocean outside my door. Vacation. Florida. Palm trees. Pelicans. Life is good. I hope that today is kind to all of you.

4 comments: