Thursday, May 31, 2007

Get Comfy

So, I'm going to apologize in advance if I ramble my way through this post. It's been a while, and I've got a head full of thoughts.

Most recently...school is almost over. Our seniors have 4 more regular class days and 2 days of exams. The rest of the kids have 9 regular days and 2 exam days. The time is going both so slowly and so quickly...people who work in a school know how this feels. I love my students and am going to miss a lot of them. It seems kind of bittersweet, though, because I know that next year I won't be able to share this time of the year with them...I'll be slightly preoccupied.

Speaking of my preoccupation: I had another doctor's appointment yesterday and got to hear Baby's heartbeat again. What a wonderful sound. My pants don't fit so well anymore (which is terribly frustrating given the aforementioned number of school days left that I'd like to be able to wear my clothes!), and I'm becoming quite adept with safety pins. It's amazing how much I love my little baby already. I know that it gets better once I get to meet them, but I'm completely in love already...this is coming with me getting more excited about this whole prospect. There's still a good amount of fear and anxiety pulsing through me, but I've got faith that we'll be able to see our way through this (with some help from all who'd like to offer it).

Speaking of that help: We had a wonderful long weekend with my extended family out in Sandusky, Ohio last weekend. Matt was truly a champ as he drove the whole way there and back (something like 1600 miles total). We got to spend the day on Saturday with a chunk of my cousins and their kids (who are getting so big!), and we had a lovely time. Everyone seems to be doing so well and it's so nice to see the family, although it doesn't happen that often. We got to meet the new baby Elizabeth, who was 4 weeks old. She's quite a pleasant little baby, although she and mom are getting over a little infection. My cousins gave me a chunk of maternity clothes that apparently make the rounds--thank you so much! Everyone was so excited and happy for us as our little family is growing; it was an amazing feeling, and it just made my heart swell.

In addition to visiting with family, we did make it to Cedar Point on Sunday. We had a perfect day for it--overcast and thunderstorms in the forecast. It wasn't too hot or crowded, so everyone else got to ride a good number of rides. Lucky for us, Sunday happened to be the first day that the new roller coaster (the Maverick) was open, and Matt and Max got to ride on opening day! We had a good time at the park. I always like being there, although I only got to ride the train and the merry-go-round. Next year we'll take turns babysitting and maybe I can ride a big ride then :)

I think that's about it. I probably wasn't as articulate as I would've liked to be--especially about how wonderful it was to visit with all of my cousins and how much I admire them as people and parents. But, so goes my life these days. I hope that all is well with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment