Friday, December 21, 2007

ChristMass (as Pastor Pawluk would say)

Sorry, no pictures this time...just me rambling. I'll post pics sometime...

I can't believe how quickly time goes by--our little man will be a month old next week! This Christmas has been so bizarre for me. For as surrounded by everything as I have been, it's been quite a challenge for me to be as "Christmassy" as I'd usually like to be. The good side of all of that is that I've been able to adjust my priorities this year, as a safe and healthy family really is my greatest gift (and the only one that really matters anyway). I don't usually tend to lose my mind at the holidays, but I do generally send out Christmas cards BEFORE Christmas, and I like to do little handmade things for people. Oops. The Christmas cards will be much more like Epiphany cards (which my aunt has been sending for years, and now I'm beginning to understand why), and the handmade gifts may get done...maybe. It's the thought that counts, right? Oh well.

And for a side that I don't often share (but is a cornerstone of my life): our pastor came to our house last night to talk to Matt and I about Joseph's upcoming baptism (the 30th). He is such a wonderful man (as most pastors tend to be) and was very helpful in preparing us for Joseph's first sacrament (although we pretty much knew what we were getting him into). Long story short...I was reading one of the pieces that he gave us to Joseph, and all of a sudden the depth of God's love became so much more real for me. As I looked into my little boy's eyes I remembered that "God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that all who believe in him may not perish but may have eternal life." And I sat there thinking (and loving my son more than I ever knew possible) about the sacrafice God made and how we truly are blessed to all be children of God. I know that I'm not terribly eloquent in describing these feelings, but I can say that I am happy to be giving my child to God and I pray that he grows to understand the depth of God's love.

So, we wish you all a very Merry ChristMass as we remember the true reason for the season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment