Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Safe Arrival!

So, Jospeh made it!
I'll spare you all the details, but it was 2 long days in the hospital filled up with pitocin in order to coax him from his happy home inside. But, we're so happy to have him here now!
Joseph arrived Nov. 27 at 7:48pm and measured in at 7 lb. 8 oz. and 20 inches.
Since then, it would be fair to say that everything has changed. The first week was kind of tough (which would be part of the reason that it's taken me 2 weeks to post on here) since it was kind of chaotic with everyone around and Matt trying to finish a course for his MBA program. The last week has been much better, though. I've been on my own with him for a week now, and we're figuring each other out. He even sleeps at night for about 4-5 hours at one time...I'm hoping that lasts because a Mom who's slept is a much happier Mom (that would be the understatement of the world at this point). Matt has been great since his class finished too. I couldn't imagine doing this all by yourself! We had our 2 week checkup today and all seems to be well. He's back up to 7 lb. 9 oz. and 21.5 in. (I think that might not be right...), but we're all set for a while now.
I'll try to be more regular...at least get some more pictures up at some point. The one up there is from Day 5. It's amazing how much he's already changed! I can tell that the time will go by so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment