Monday, October 6, 2008

It's the little things

I've found that it's the little things about parenting that tend to make it rewarding. Some of my absolute favorites include:
--being able to trim all fingers and toes of a sleeping boy while he stayed sleeping.
--an amazing toothless smile when you walk in a room.
--a big ol' belly laugh.
--having him fall asleep in your arms.
--watching him discover something new.
--seeing his little personality develop.
--snuggles.
--being able to fix what bothers him (most of the time).
--peek-a-boo.
--loving someone more than I ever thought possible (this one is the coolest, btw).
Of course parenting comes with its whole box of challenges. But that's for another post.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said it better! I love when Luke smiles in his sleep! So Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the positive energy in this post.

    :)

    ~Dan Yuan

    P.S. It's fall break and I'm here in Nashua till Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete