Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lessons Learned

Well, it's been an interesting week.

Monday: Joseph had another reaction to who-knows-what at day care.
Tuesday: We had an introductory meeting with the allergist at Joseph's doctor's. It was less than enlightening since the results from the blood test (that we'd had done on Saturday) weren't back yet.
Wednesday: I got a haircut. Woo hoo. When I was putting Joseph to bed that night he threw up all over me...yum.
Thursday: uneventful (I think)...it's hard for me to even distinguish the days...I'm at the end of my rope.
Friday: I get a call from the allergist that Joseph's test results are back. He's tested positive for: all nuts (tree nuts and peanuts), eggs, and milk. Then, he threw up again after dinner.

So, while I know that this is not the end of the world and that lots of kids with all of the allergie grow up to live wonderfully fulfilling lives and all that stuff, I've pretty much been crying since Friday afternoon. This has just been the icing on my cake. I just want my sweet little boy to be safe and able to do sweet little boy things. And, since I've been little, crying has just been my way of letting out all of my stresses...and I've just been chock full of stresses. Get a helmet, right?

In other news, it's a long weekend, which is nice. I'm headed out shortly for an evening of female adult interactions. Matt is taking Joseph out for male adult interactions. Matt and I have a date to do nothing tomorrow afternoon. And, hopefully we'll be able to test out the webcams on new laptops and do the webcam thing with his family in Chicago--it'll hopefully be better than the phone.

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed by your honesty. Go you! I would be upset too! I'm glad that you were able to get some real answers. Hang in there! You're a great mom and I know you guys will figure this out.

    ReplyDelete