Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mush moment

For those of you who only check this to see how the cute-factor of my kid only increases on an exponential scale: I'll post some pics soon. I haven't loaded any in a bit since my computer has been possessed. But, it would seem that Matt may have sufficiently exorcised it, so I can probably upload some more pics soon.

And, this is that time of the year. I started with this idea in the last post, but I've got to expand on it. This is the time of the year where I either want to hug my students and cherish every moment that I have with them before they leave, or I want to strangle them like Homer does to Bart. Sometimes I feel the same way about the same student...that's just how we roll in May. But, I'm feeling more warm and fuzzy than cold and prickly today, so I'm taking a moment to reflect on the degree of kick-assitude that my job holds.

I have got some of the most wonderful students who have so many abilities and are going to do such wonderful things with their lives. I love that some of them keep in touch with me, and I understand why some of them don't. I sort of fear that one thing that some people will remember about me (I tend to be somewhat crass and sarcastic--shocker, I know), but not too much. I love that our schedule and my course allows for me to build relationships with those students that are interested in it. I know that I've said this before, and I will most assuredly say it again: I really have the best job in the world. So much of that comes from having the best students in the world, so, thanks folks! Although, the best colleagues in the world help too ;)

1 comment:

  1. Awww Krones!
    I'm glad I kept the webpage to this blog. :)
    So I can keep in touch with you!

    So recently (and FINALLY) I got my driver's license...meaning that hopefully I can visit you at school during breaks.

    ~Dan Yuan :D

    ReplyDelete