But, part of my current class on technology is to post a variety of reflections on a blog. So, if you're interested in some of my educational thoughts, check it out. I've called it "Those Who Can" because an all-too-popular idea of teachers is that "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach." I don't have time to step up on that soapbox, and a bunch of people probably wouldn't like what I had to say about that (and you can all bite me, by the way), so I'm not even going to get into that. So. There. Read it if you want, don't if you don't.
In other news from Allergy World, Joseph was retested a couple of weeks ago for all of his various allergens. The good news is that all of his levels went down, but the bad news is that we still need to avoid fresh egg products, tree nuts, and peanuts. This really isn't a big deal, since we've grown so accustomed to reading product labels. I am encouraged that his levels have gone down though. I feel kind of silly because I don't know exactly what levels they're talking about, but I can tell that 3.88 kU/L is closer to zero than 18.9 kU/L (his peanut levels this year and last year, respectively). So, I've got my fingers tentatively crossed that when we retest him next year (or even the year after) he might be low enough to challenge some of them. But, we're okay.
Other random things:
- The stomach flu sucks a lot when you're two, and it sucks a lot when you're considerably older than two, but you're the one taking care of the two year old. But not as much as the one with the flu. For sure.
- I think that I know all the words to Cars.
- I love love love Hot and Sour soup.
- I've frogged the same blanket three times. But, I think that I've developed a pattern that I'm really going to like. We'll see. Hopefully I can finish it before the baby gets here...
- We have too much crap.
- Either we have a phenomenal weather system in our backyard, or a broken thermometer. We've gone from -38 to 31 degrees today!