Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Baby Musings

Am I a bad almost-mom if I don't love being pregnant?

I seem to talk to so many women who just adore being pregnant: "I loved it!" "My hair and skin were wonderful!" "I never felt better!" 'n stuff like that. There's even that lady who just gave birth to her 17th kid! Don't get me wrong, I love my little boy and feeling him in there bouncing around and occasionally stomping on my bladder. I just won't feel bad at all when I can talk to him on the outside, although I understand that he's much easier to take care of where he is now. Oh well, the last 25 weeks have gone by quickly, and I'm sure that the next chunk will too. We've got a lot to take care of, but we'll get there...one day at a time.

One of those days last weekend we went and registered at Babies 'R Us. Talk about a totally overwhelming experience. That store is wonderful, in that it's a good "one stop shopping" place for all of your baby needs (what a commercial, eh?). However, for those of us first-timers who are a bit wide-eyed to begin with, it was a bit much for us to take. So, we picked out a few things that we know that we need, a few things that came highly recommended by other parents, and a few things that we think sound kind of neat. We didn't go crazy with the scanner, as we would like to retain some semblance of control over our home for a little while, anyway. If you know of something that we've missed, please let us know--we're basically clueless. But, we're grateful :)

So, that's about it for now. Max and Jackie head back to school next week. It's been a great summer with them and we'll miss them. Thanksgiving seems kind of far away :( Hopefully Little Guy will be here to be thankful for by then...if he's not, I'll be SO unhappy...we'll deal with that when we get there. One day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment