Sunday, September 2, 2007

Yeah for September!

So, I've made it so far. I've successfully completed 2 days with students. Who knows how many more I've got. I was quite anxious about starting school this year (more than the usual sleepless nights) and it finally dawned on me that I've been sequencing this pregnancy by saying "I'll go back to school in the fall, stay until the baby comes, and then take the rest of the year off to stay with the baby." Well, I figured out that I'm up to the "I'll go back to school in the fall" part which means that the baby part is next. So, I was kind of nervous about that...just because so much will change. I'm not necessarily afraid of the change, I'm just a little anxious about it.


Anyway, I really do love teaching, and I really love teaching in Nashua. Every job is going to have its ups and downs, and they call it work for a reason, but when I walk into my little classroom I just feel like I've gone home. I feel so lucky to be able to say that about my job, and that's part of the reason that I'm anxious about this baby coming...for the past 6.5 years a lot of my identity has been rooted in the classroom, and I'm not going to have that for a while. I'm picking up a whole new career that I haven't gone to college to learn about. I know that we'll figure it out; we'll make mistakes, but we'll make it through.


Oh well...in other news, I have to say that I'm rather happy to be seeing football on TV again. That may sound funny to some of you, but I've learned to really enjoy watching football. I know that I don't understand the finer points of it, but I'm getting there (slowly). Matt's so happy to veg out and watch the games too.


Other September things that make me happy: birthdays, cooler weather, hot air balloons over our house in the early mornings, fairs, hos ["horse" a la Deerfield fair] pullin', apple picking, cider, sauce, crisp, and all other things appley, fall colors starting to peek out, Halloween stuff in the stores (although I never buy much), and a general return to the school life routine. Staley likes September too--she's a great help in the orchard.


So, yeah for September!

No comments:

Post a Comment