Friday, April 24, 2009

2 Things

A break from my normally scattered head...mostly because my mind has turned to goo since our April break begins, umm, now.

The first is kind of a PSA. If you should end up at our house and one of us offers you spready cheese, you might want to pass. We're working on utencils, but Joseph has found that it's significantly more effective to just scoop it out with your hands.
And, the second is kind of one of those philosophy of life kind of things. So, I know that there are people out there who like nice things, but then don't use them. Or people who have something special from a relative or friend that they never use, even though they love it. Like those shoes that were really expensive that you never wear, or that piece of jewelry that you got that you feel is "too much" or "too special" or whatever...you know what I'm talking about. Well, we have a limited number of things that actually make the "kind of nice," "sort of special," or "might actually be worth something" list. One of those things is our coffee table, that Matt happens to hate (by the way). We got it when my grandmother died, and I've always really liked it--I think this qualifies for more sentimental than monetary value. Well, I don't think that you could say that we don't use it to its fullest potential. Do you think she'd mind it's current use? I don't. Despite the fact that it's in our family room instead of our dining room, this table really serves as a meeting place for our family, and I look forward to many more years with it. Thank goodness for Scott's Liquid Gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment