Thursday, October 29, 2009

Raining! Pouring!

If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops, oh what a rain it would be... So, really, yesterday was the "rain all day" day, but it seems as if the storm has continued.

These have been a rough couple of weeks. I went to Dallas a couple of weeks ago for a conference on integrating the sciences and some other stuff. I missed two days of school and was gone for four days. It was a pretty good conference, and I got to see Max and Jackie (which was cool), but since I've been back, it's been kind of a mess. We're getting it all put together, though, and things are really mostly fine.

I came home from TX with a cold, though, which Joseph kind of picked up...maybe. He started out with just a cough on Monday and Tuesday. Then, he woke up with a fever yesterday, so Matt stayed home with him. It was my turn today, and his fever is a little higher, although still considered low-grade for an almost 2 year old. He still has a gross cough. So, Matt's up tomorrow! We're going to keep him in for the weekend so that he gets all the way better. It seems to be a little flu bug, but he seems to be doing ok with it. We'll see how it rolls. Hopefully this is the bad day and he'll be on the mend tomorrow. Poor little one, though, will miss his Halloween party at school and trick-or-treating in town :( Next year, I guess.
The good news is, though, that this is the first time that he's gotten sick this school year, and we're almost 1/4 of the way through! Yeah for immune systems! We worked hard to build his up last year, and it's going much better this year--phew.

Hang on for NaBloPo--it's coming up, and I'm practicing :)

1 comment:

  1. You're blogging again! Yay! I do enjoy your writing, Allison. I hope Joseph feels better soon. It looks like he's changed so much since we last saw you guys this summer. Hopefully, we'll get to reconnect this winter. Adam's already got skiing on the brain :)-Amy

    ReplyDelete