Monday, February 1, 2010

MyBlogSpark? And OBAMA!!!

So, does anyone do this? What am I committing to? Am I selling my soul to creative advertising people? Is it worth it to get free stuff? Anyone care to read about products that I review? Hmmm...post a comment so I know what my readers want. That's kind of a joke given the moderately narcissistic nature of the blogosphere, anyway. But, hey, I aim to please...sometimes.

And, HOLY CRAP!!! I MIGHT GET TO SHAKE THE PRESIDENT'S HAND TOMORROW! THE PRESIDENT! OF THE UNITED STATES! YEAH, I'M SCREAMING!!

Ok, I'm a little better now, but HOLY CRAP! The coolness of this opportunity is really starting to settle in, and I'm getting kind of nervous! Despite multiple suggestions that I go to the meeting in our nicest Urlacher jersey,
I think that I'm going to go as a teacher and be way crazy excited if I can get my ticket autographed. A sitting president. Matt and I met George W. Bush at a campaign rally during the first primary season in...1999? And, I shook Al Gore's hand at Dunkin Donuts down the street from my parents' house. But, wow. A sitting president.

I'm allowed to bring a camera, so stay tuned for pictures of the event. I also got some crazy cute pictures of the fam at the SEE Science Center this weekend, but those are taking a backseat to other events. If you've got time tomorrow afternoon, you should watch for me on TV. I'll be the one looking like a teacher :)

3 comments:

  1. Well, if you do get to talk to him, say Hi for me!
    And yes, that was two entries. :-)
    As for My Blog Spark, this is the first one I've got. And it involves free stuff and I like that. I don't get any spam emails or anything, which is good. And really, we're kinda poor, so I'll advertise for these people if it means I get free food! I say it's worth a shot. Oh, and I think they specialize what they send you based on some questions you answer. So you might get to try out teacher related things or stuff for Joseph.
    And Patrick says hello back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of you!!!! I'll watch for you!

    ReplyDelete