2. In my 13 minute drive from school to day care today, this song came on the radio while I was flipping around. Not that version, the real one. I found myself singing along and thinking of my friend Ryan. James Taylor and lilacs make me think of Ryan too. I'm not sure if he even knows why ;) At any rate, it got me thinking about how there are quite a few songs that bring about memories of specific people or specific circumstances.
I'm presenting a few for your consideration:
- Smash mouth's All Star never fails to elicit a smile and thoughts of Susan, who is my all-time All Star!
- I caught the end of Pearl Jam's Better Man today also. That song evokes slightly different emotions, and an old slam from Pam.
- Los del Rio's Macarena makes me remember Angie. There are no less than 85 songs that make me think of Angie, but this one always makes me laugh...short story: we used to go bowling in college at Inman's Lanes and one evening Angie and I plugged the juke box with the Macarena no less than 4 times in a row. Friggin hysterical. We cracked ourselves up.
- Seriously, 85 songs make me think of Angie. Like this one. And this one. We lived together for two entertaining years in college, and she always had some fabulous music playing.
- Moving on, Alice Cooper's School's Out never fails to remind me of Ben. No one could pound that drum like Ben, baby. In that ass-ugly rugby shirt that we had to wear...
- Slightly less flatteringly, The Weather Girls' Its Raining Men makes me think of Scott. I think that had to do with Ben, too, but that song's all Scott.
- And, I would probably be remiss to neglect my dearly beloved. In the 12 years that we've been together, we've had a varied soundtrack, but Van Halen's Love Walks In warms my heart every time.
- There are probably at least 20 more songs that I could list out here, but I'm going to stop with these
I like suggestions, so, please suggest!