Friday, June 25, 2010

A Good Day

Not much exciting for you all today. But, I'm almost there on this daily blogging thing for June. You will not see the same commitment from me in July. So, enjoy it while it lasts.

Today was filled with simple pleasures. Joseph and I had a breakfast picnic where we got to watch the cat hunt the sprinklers. He's kind of dumb. The cat. Then we went to lunch with Matt and some friends who moved to Connecticut a couple of years ago. It was great to catch up with them, even though it was quick. I got new shoes this afternoon. Hopefully they help my knees. Then we just kind of chilled out at my folks' house and had dinner with them. We just sat around and laughed, and it was pretty cool.

As an aside: I was chatting with a friend the other day about ridiculous family memories and stories. We've got a handful of them from our little crew. I decided that it seemed like a lot of these silly little (and oddly memorable) stories come from family road trips. Something about confining a group of people in a vehicle for extended periods of time tends to bring people to their breaking point. Which is often hysterical. So, take a drive, you never know what may come of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment