Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Best Laid Plans...

If there is one thing that I have learned, it is that things never go the way that you plan. This is true in so many ways, and I'm sure that you don't have to think too hard to remember the last time that you had plans that needed to be adjusted. I try not to get too worked up when I have to be flexible and roll with the punches; life is made up of the moments, and I don't particularly want to spend too many moments fretting over things that aren't going to change.

That being said, however, I get pretty ticked off when I have to work around someone else's inabilities to do their freakin' jobs. Also, a little communication goes a long way. Seriously. We're all adults, here, so why not act like them? Grr.

As I've mentioned before, we're trying to sell our home. I understand that the housing market has been in a steady decline since April despite the record low interest rates being offered by mortgage companies. I get it. We've been patient. I know that we probably missed our ideal window this past winter. Check. I also understand that the condo market is historically more fickle than the house market. Again, I get it. I appreciate a good referral from people that I trust, considering that I'm not real crazy about working with people who work on commission (on either the buying or selling end of things). But, seriously?! What are we supposed to do, give our house away to the lowest bidder? We have a child to feed, too! Do we just throw our hands in the air and keep dropping our price? How about a little communication?

I'll be ok. I'm just a little frustrated right now. Time to go partake of a little 'Jersey Shore' to make myself feel better. Don't judge, it's hysterical! ;)

What do you do to make yourself feel better when things go awry? Any words of wisdom for a trying-to-be-a-home-seller?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about that :( It is really hard right now but all you can do is just be patient and think positive :)

    ReplyDelete